Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A little dissapointed...okay, a lot dissapointed!

I think I've had about a thousand people ask me if I have read the Twilight series books. In fact someone asked me today. I just told her that I never even finished the first book. It's not that I didn't like it or anything, it's just that my life is not real condusive to causual reading right now. I spend all day chasing my two, wild boys around that once they are in bed I'm as good as useless. Every now I unwind by watching mindless crud on the boob tube. The other night I turned on Jay and saw that his first guest was Ellen. I think Ellen is hilarious. Have you ever watched her show? It's full of random this's and that's. I have that same personality and find radomness quite entertaining. At any rate, Jay started interviewing her and toward the end of her interview they began talking about her recent marriage. Then she, of course, made a plug about the upcoming vote on Proposition 8. She said something like this, vote no because voting yes promotes hate. That comment has been on my mind ever since. I really don't like that comment because if I lived in CA I would vote yes, and not because of hate, but because of the sacred nature of marriage. I am so sad. What is this world coming to? (An end I think.)

12 comments:

Peggy said...

Hate? How did she come to that conclusion.

Knight knughts said...

Kate I am in the same boat as you with everything you just said from twilight to Prop 8. My family is doing all that they can do make people aware of our views on marriage.

Krystal said...

I haven't read Twighlight either (by choice) and I agree with you about Prop 8. If the rest of the world only understood...

Burk Family said...

The No on Prop 8 people's slogan is "Unfair. Unnesessary. Wrong." I think it's going to be a close fight. I hope we win. There's going to be a fast on Sunday, November 2nd. Please, PLEASE fast that it will pass!!
I really like Ellen. I think her show is hilarious. People just don't see the consequences of things like this. It's so sad.

Unknown said...

awww - I think everyone has their own little things they relax on and reading is probably not yours so don't feel useless because of it. It's just probably not your thing. Booo ..to those who ask you lol!

Ruth Pratt said...

I use to get called Ruth Ellen DeGeneres (because my middle name is ellen)in middle school. I like Ellen's personality too.
But I totally agree, that it is really disappointing where things are headed.

Unknown said...

Hey Kate;
I want to apologize for not showing up at the church camp-out. We were on our way and than realized how much gas it would take to get there, due to my current situation, I need to save as much gas as I can :(.

I probably could have hitched a ride with you guys but you guys were already on your way so I didn't want to bother you :).
Love you guys,
Renee

sheriee staub said...

What happens is that the minority points their fingers at the majority and calls us names like "hateful" and "intolerant". The same idea applies to those wanting no prayer in school, nothing about God in the constitution or on the money, no Christmas trees in town centers and certainly no nativity scenes. It is truly sad how loud their voices are and how much influence they have.
Sheriee

Lars said...

Did you dis-own me?

Ruth and Steve said...

The results are in... http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=4654359 Prop #8 was passed.

Jill Land said...

I am so proud of those Californians who voted yes on Prop 8. I am disappointed in the media with how they have handled prop 8 (among other things). I am also very disappointed in the people in LA who have decided to protest in front of the temple. They act as if they are losing their rights. They are not losing anything. Marriage is simply defined as between a man and a woman. They still have all of their rights, nothing was taken from them. It just isn't called marriage. An apple is an apple, you can't call an apple an orange. It's different, why is that so difficult to understand?

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Oh Kate, you haven't lived until you've read the twilight books! I even already have my movie ticket to see it when it comes out. All I can say is clear a few days and you will totally get into them which means you will finish them fast!