Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An understandable mistake...

Wes and I are sitting in gospel doctrine on sunday listening to a wonderful lesson that was well thought out and planned, when he leans over to ask me a question. "What is Sister Osborne's first name?" Shoot, I can't remember. I started mulling it over in my mind.

W:"It's Sharon isn't it?

K: Definitely, that's it.

You see, Wes had to teach his lesson in the third hour and wanted to borrow her chalk. Assuming we remembered her name he jumped up and went to talk to her.

W:Sharron, great lesson and do you mind if I borrow your chalk?

Sister Osborne:No problem and by the way, it's Jennifer(name has been changed to protect identity).



After church Wes told me what had happened and how embarrassed he felt. He then asked me why I so positively told him her name was Sharron. I knew her name was Jennifer, why did I do that?

Then this image flooded my mind....











It's times like these that our minds prove to be a very powerful things.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Ha ha! That sounds like something I would seriously do. At times I'm so grateful for our custom of "Brother" and "Sister" so and so. I even use it in primary for the kids-and you know it's not formality, just my forgetfulness!

Peggy said...

Funny girl! I loved this post.

Amber Staub said...

That is so funny! Why didn't he stick with Sister Osborne? That's probably what he was thinking. I hope we get to see you guys at the lake in a few weeks. I have a new yummy treat I want to make for us all.

The Staub Squad said...

yes, i love our treats at the lake!

Unknown said...

hahaha..that was funny

Ruth and Steve said...

Funny story. Steve won an award at work once and instead of marking his name as Steven Gibby, they did Steven Biggy. Someone got their fingers mixed up!

sheriee staub said...

YYYUUUMMM!!! Lake treats - lake cookies - no wonder grandma waddles out to the boat!
Love 'em.

sheriee staub said...

By the way, this is a hoot. Thanks for sharing.