Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom




Mom, you're a wonderful mother,


So gentle, yet so strong.
The many ways you show you care
Always make me feel I belong.
You're patient when I'm foolish;
You give guidance when I ask;
It seems you can do most anything;
You're the master of every task.
You're a dependable source of comfort;
You're my cushion when I fall.
You help in times of trouble;
You support me whenever I call.
I love you more than you know;
You have my total respect.
If I had my choice of mothers,
You'd be the one I'd select!

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Aw, shucks. That was adorable. You and Luke both wrote me poems today. I didn't know I had such talented kids.

Peggy said...

And Chelsea wrote me a poem, too! You are all amazing and I love you all.

sheriee staub said...

Kate - What a sweet poem for your mom. Peggy, you are a great mother and grandmother. I hope our mutual grandchildren don't compare us - I fear I will come out on the short end of the stick, for sure:) Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
Love, Sheriee

Peggy said...

Oh, please, Sheriee, you will always be the fav. Today Benny was singing a song to me on the phone and he said, "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.... at home, at school, at the lakehouse." We laughed so hard. Happy Mom's Day to you, too, Sheriee!

Peggy said...

You seriously need to update the pictures of your family that are permanent fixtures on your blog. Really now, is Wes still playing that flute? I even have a better picture of him that that. Do I need to email it to you???

sheriee staub said...

I agree with your mom about the pics, and put some new story on the blog - Please!!!!!! We need new entertainment.
Peggy - he loves the "lakehouse", or he calls is the "lakeboat" - but, he adores his two grandmas and papas the same:)
Sheriee

Peggy said...

I love how Sheriee and I just are having our own conversation on your blog. Woohoo!

Hi again, Sheriee. How are ya doin'?