Sunday, November 18, 2007

Reverence is more than just quietly sleeping...

Over the last few months we have been trying with all dilligence to get Logan to learn and understand the meaning of reverence during sacrament meeting. We have tried quiet entertainment(dry erase boards, I spy bag, etc.), books, and bribery(which we did today with leftover Halloween candy). Last week and this week I must admit he has done very well, I am quite proud. However, during the last talk he was getting a bit restless. He turned around in the pew and began looking at the people in the row behind us. Then he said to me rather loud and overconfidently, "Mom, someone is sleeping in church." Not a half a second later he then said, "Oh, nevermind he's awake now!" My quess is that the gentleman heard that little comment and decided rather than continue his slumber he better wake up and show the little man he was paying attention to the speaker. It was all I could do to keep from laughing and further embarassing the man behind us.

5 comments:

Burk Family said...

Don't kids just have the best ways of embarassing you? I love it. Carter has yet (knock on wood) to really REALLY embarrass me in public, or worse, at church. Good for Logan for waking that guy up today. I wish he were in the temple with me last night to wake me up. Oh jeez...

Peggy said...

I think the most embarassing thing that any of my kids said was Lars when he was not quite Logan's age. We had just moved into a new house in Kansas and were meeting our neighbors. She was a large, black woman. Lars looked at me and said, "Mommy, who burned her?" I almost died! Kids do say the darndest things! I think we need to invent some Kid Muzzles!
Love,
Mom

sheriee staub said...

There aren't enough lines here to put down all the Wes would say to people, at church, in the grocery store, wherever. I really remember him saying to a man in a wheelchair once "you only have one leg". The guy laughed and said, "I have two but I only wear one out at a time". Obviously a person blessed with a good sense of humor. More stories later.
Oh, I remember one more - in church he said "help Bishop" for real - loudly, when Vern took him out to straighten him out. That was in Boise. I could keep going but I won't.
Riley, Teri's son, one time this woman in church was singing like opera, and he put his hands by his ears and said really loud "Oh gross!" Everyone around was cracking-up. She was gross. That really is it now -- OH, and--just kidding!

sheriee staub said...

Can you tell I had a little bit of caffeine before I wrote that last comment????????????:)

Chelsea and Evan said...

That is really funny. Evan told me about the "Perfect Girl" Logan saw last week in church! We thought that was so CUTE!