Monday, August 18, 2008

Fergilicious and Piggy


Basically he is obsessed. Obsessed with having a pet. When we went to Sea World a few weekends ago Logan got a stuffed animal turtle. We tried to help him name him, but Logan already new this new little pet was destined to be named Fergie. Where did he come up with this name? Your guess is as good as ours.


The last few weeks Logan has been lugging that turtle around everywhere...to the lake, the grocery store, and he even tried to sneak it into church(however I put my foot down). According to Logan, Fergie wasn't happy with me that I made him stay in the car during church.


He feed it, made multiple homes for it, collected it's eggs, and even let her sleep in his bed. Even Ben will find "Bertie" on the floor and bring her back to her loving owner. It's all been very cute.


We have a birthday party we are going to tonight so we went to Walmart to find a present. While we were there Logan feel in love with a new little pet. It was this little "For Real" pig that moves and oinks. He begged and begged for it. It was $14, there was no way I was going to buy it for him. So I told him he would have to buy it with his own money. He has been saving his money for months and has accumulated $18 on his own. So after much thought and talk with this little pig he decided they couldn't be separated. We bought it and came home right up stairs to his treasure money box. He helped me count out $14.08 handed it over to me and said, "Come on Piggy(which is her name, yes another girl...don't ask me.) let's go watch a movie." I've been on the computer and he put in a movie for the two of them to watch while Ben's napping. Then I heard the music. What did Logan put in to watch?? You guessed it, Charlotte's Web.

15 comments:

Knight knughts said...

I love what kids do. It is sometimes frustrating because we don't quite understand, but it is so fun and loving.

Kristen said...

That is super-cute. Lauren has been obsessed with getting a pet too. I'm jealous that your son has kept his occupation to one or two toys. My daughter totes 10-15 various "babies" where ever she goes in the house. She'll make several trips back and forth, putting them around the table, on the couch, on different beds, and even outside. The poor girl spends half her day toting stuffed animals up and down stairs. I should just donate some of them to make life a bit simpler!

sheriee staub said...

My future veteranarian grandson. He is a true animal lover. You are awesome Logie, and I love Piggy, but don't forget about little Fergie.
Love, G'ma Sheriee

Peggy said...

Love that blog! But most of all I love that cute picture of Logan! He is growing up and is so handsome! Are you sure he isn't calling his pet "Peggy" after me???

Chelsea and Evan said...

buy that poor kid a dog!

Jamie said...

Aren't kids funny?! I like that he takes such good care of his "pets". Be grateful they are stuffed animals...we recently got new cell phones and Byron gave our old, broken phones to the boys. Miles is OBSESSED with taking his phone everywhere, including church. I'm having a hard time seeing my 5 year old feeling like he HAS to have a cell phone, even if it doesn't work! What are we in for when the teenage years come!?

Chalyse said...

Kids are just so funny. I love the choice of Charlotte's Web, he just wanted piggy to feel at home. how cute. Talmage asks for a dog and I feel so bad cause you know me, I'm still scared of dogs from when we were walking our "my child" dolls down the street and that dog almost jumped the fence! so now talmage will never get a dog.

sheriee staub said...

I tell you (and Chalyse) that I have ALWAYS been afraid of big dogs, BUT if you get a pup and raise it with the family, you will end up loving YOUR dog. Just stick to a small managable dog. We loved our Basey, and were deeply saddened when she left us after almost 16 yrs.
Love, Sheriee

aubony, lars and the girls said...

How adorable is that! I hope you write that one day that is one memories you won't want to forget!

Unknown said...

I agree with your mom, cute post--but the picture is absolutely adorable!! Logan is a cutie! Your boys are amazing!! Charly loves being your babysitter and I love being Ben's nursery leader, we are home now (yay!!) and can't wait to see them!!

The Domans said...

Oh my Heck, Katie! It was the best surprise to get a comment from you! I have wondered what ever happened to you guys! Two little boys, awesome! and you are as cute as ever. -Kim.

Casey said...

You are the master blogger. All your posts are so cute and so funny.

Burk Family said...

What a cute post and what a handsome boy!! I remember thinking that stuffed animals were real (up to about 3 years ago, I think...) and I would feel bad leaving BunBun if we took a trip or anything. How cute of him to buy it with his own money. Carter would LOVE something like that. He loves when I pretend to be a puppy and feeds me treats and makes me beds and stuff. I'll have to consider it for Christmas!

Krystal said...

So cute. Logan is such a sweet kid.

The Petersen's said...

Hey there thank you for your comment! It is actually my little brother that broke his leg but I would take any helpful hints you have! He has only had his cast for 2 days and he is going out of his mind with bordum!