Monday, March 31, 2008

Future Plans


Last night as we were making our traditional Sunday night phone call grandma Peggy took her turn talking to Logan. She would ask him questions and Wes and I would listen as he would answer them(it's actually quite entertaining to listen to a four year old answer questions on the phone, almost as entertaining as watching the Bachelor). Soon the conversation led to, "Logan who are going to marry." (You see we have been talking about the temple with Logan and trying to explain to him that he can be married there someday. He has asked to marry myself and Aunt Hayley and so I told him he has to marry someone who #1, isn't in the family, and #2 doesn't already have a spouse. He decided upon a little girl in our ward named Lizzy. She is about 2 and the cutest thing ever. She adores Logan, he makes her laugh so hard, and he loves her. If you ask him why he likes Lizzy he says, "Because she is funny." Wes said, "Well, why do you want to marry Lizzy?" to which he replied, "Because I make silly faces at her and she laughs." So at church during Sacrament mtng yesterday, he looked over at her, crossed his eyes and stuck out his tongue and she burst into laughter. Logan looked right over to Wes and said, "See, I told you!!")
Anyway, back to the Sunday night phone call, after mom asked Logan about getting married she said, "Well are you going to go on a mission?"
Logan:"Yes."
Peg:"Did your daddy go on a mission?"
Log: (holding the phone away from his ear)"Dad, did you go on a mission?"
Wes:"Yes."
Log:"Yes...(again holding the phone aways from his ear), dad were you a police officer?"
Wes:(sounding caught off guard a little bit)"Um, no."
Log:"Oh...I really wish you were a police officer."
Everyone:Hysterical laughter!!
Anyway, maybe you had to be there but it was pretty funny, Logan was very serious when he said he really wished Wes were a police officer. So instead of worrying about choosing an career we should just get married, have kids wait until they are old enough to talk and then ask them what we should do as not to disappoint.

P.S.-Kitty is gone. I think I saw her on another neighbors porch, I am very sad and was in a bit of a depression about it last week.

10 comments:

Louise said...

I loved hearing about the cute comments from Logan. He is such a cutie. I'm sorry your kitty has moved on. I have a dog you can have! (just kidding - John wouldn't let me give him away).

Burk Family said...

I'm SO thrilled that Logan wanted to marry me. That is so cute. I didn't even know he remembered me! I'm so excited to see you guys.
I had a bad feeling about that kitty. What a little tramp. To think that she just used you and got you attached and everything...I have never liked cats. A dog wouldn't do that. It would be Logan's best friend by now.

Jamie said...

Kids say the funniest things! Miles asked me the other day if I remembered Logan and explained how he was his friend from Texas. We hope to see you guys sometime!

Peggy said...

A bit more of the story... in the background I could hear Wes saying that Lizzy really loved Logan. The Logan said, "Yep. And I love her, too!"

These kids try to grow up too fast!

Peggy said...

One more comment--I recently read the biography of Pres. Hinckley. One of his grandsons asked him one day "What does a president do?" to which he humbly replied, "Make decisions." The boy then said, "Oh, my other grandpa does magic tricks."

We never fail to disappoint our kids, do we?

The Staub Squad said...

Wes has so graciously pointed out to me that there are numerous grammatical errors including misspellings, fragments, and run-on sentences. So to you husband, thanks, but in my defense I wrote this post at 4:50am when I could no longer sleep.

Unknown said...

Too cute! Your boys are so precious!! We love that we found your blog. Ours is www.lochabayland.blogspot.com
Just don't let Wes read it because it's full of misspellings and run-ons!

Amber Staub said...

Kate, that is so funny about the police officer. I laughed out loud at that. I love how honest kids can be and how they don't think twice about telling you exactly what they think and feel. I love your moms comment about Pres. Hinckley. Logan, we love you!!

sheriee staub said...

Grandma Sheriee says "We knew Logan's father would either be a success, or end up in jail:) He may not be a police officer, but he isn't in jail either...so, he must be a success!!!!!!!

Chelsea and Evan said...

Wes better start looking into Police School! Sorry about the cat :( We have some annoying pigeons that you can have. They work great for an early morning wake up call! And you don’t even have to feed them and they will faithfully come back!