Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool's

I leisurely walked into the locker room after finishing a great 5 mile run and chest/tri weight workout when I noticed I had missed 3 calls on my cell phone. I always check my cell phone after I work out because when Logan is at school I'm afraid they might have tried to call me while I was out of reach. I checked the missed calls and they were all from Wes.
Missing 3 phone calls from Wes is a very uncommon thing. Wes is so busy these days that he rarely has time to call me once a day, let alone three in the space of a half an hour. It startled me and I immediately called right back.
He quickly answered the phone and proceeded to tell me that he was on the other line and he was just trying to pass on a message to me. He told me that someone, a Mr. Lyon, was trying to get a hold of me. He didn't know who he was or what he needed but he was urgently trying to get a hold of me and needed me to call him back ASAP.
He said, "His number is blah, blah, blah, press 0 for the operator and ask for Mr. Lyon. Call him back right away. Now, I got to get back to this client, I'll call you back in a few minutes."
To be perfectly honest, I was shocked. Who was Mr. Lyon and why was he trying to urgently get a hold of me. I then got worried. What had I done, and was I in trouble for something? I felt like a child again, racking my brain for my past actions and which one might need reprimanding. I dialed the phone number and
it was hard to hear with all comings and goings in the locker room. Then I heard,
"You have reached the Dallas Zoo and aquarium...if you know your parties extension you may dial it at any time or press 0 to speak with an operator." So I pressed 0. After holding for a couple of seconds the operator answered, "Dallas zoo, how might I direct your call?" Now totally confused I said, "Yes, I am returning a phone call for Mr. Lyon."
Operator: "Oh honey, someone got you good."
Me: "What?"
Operator: "This is the Zoo...Mr. Lyon called for you? We've had a lot of Mr. Bears today but I think your the first calling for Mr. Lyon."

It was at this point I realized today is April Fools Day. Hope you all had a good laugh, because I didn't and Wes got the king of all nuggies tonight!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Charlotte and I are cracking up! Charlotte said "that sounds like him". Too Funny!

Amber Staub said...

Thanks for the laugh! That is so funny.

Amber Staub said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea and Evan said...

Love it! Wes is brilliant! I think I might have to use that one next year.

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness! I can't stop laughing! What a tricky thing to do to you! Don't feel bad that you fell for it...I totally would have, too!!

Peggy said...

Wes, I know a really good doctor who is taking new patients. You should call him and try to get in to see him. His number is "blah, blah, blah," and he is a proctologist. Oh yeah, and his name is Dr. Dover... Dr. Ben Dover.

Burk Family said...

That is awesome. I'm cracking up. I forgot about April Fools this year. Did Wes tell you about when I TP'd his room? I think I Saran wrapped the toiled bowl and put boullion in the shower head, too. He didn't notice. I think he thought he always smelled like that.

sheriee staub said...

OK - that is a hoot! He got that from me, of course, not his father:) I remember when Hay got Wes' room. He DID always smell like that.

Wes' MOM