Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Surprise, it's nice to see you too.

I had an interesting experience last Wednesday. It was playgroup day. I loaded up the boys into the car and pulled out of the driveway into the ally. As I was approaching the road I noticed my neighbor outside. Our neighbors are very friendly and we usually exchange a courteous wave, "hello." So when I saw him tucked behind his garbage can I was thrown off guard. I tried to make eye contact with him, but he wouldn't look at me. It was then I noticed the reason why. He was taking something to his trash can in his underpants. No, my friends, not boxers, but tidy whities, little tiny ones squeezed onto an old, fat body.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

What a funny story! Reminds me a one I heard recently by a woman in our ward. She got out of the shower and, before getting dressed, decided to take a load of laundry to her car for the dry cleaners. Oops! The door locked behind her. She was naked. Nobody home but her. No way back inside. Then she remembered that she had a 72 hour kit in her trunk. Opened it up and got the tiny emergency "space blanket" and wrapped up in it, then proceded to knock on neighbor's doors until she found somebody home who then called her husband to let her back in. She is not a small woman, either! THINK, people!!!

Unknown said...

Hahaha!! When you told us this story at playgrounp and I almost peed in my pants...just the visual of it..its hillarious. I can just picture you taking a second look on the rearview mirror making a face...LOL!

Burk Family said...

That is so hilarious. I'm sure my neighbors have seen me in my skivies. I sometimes walk around in the house in them (to get something before a shower or something) and try to duck below the windows. Hopefully it works but it probably doesn't all the time. I love that you are posting more often. Keep it up!

Chelsea and Evan said...

That story is too funny! Where is your camera when you need it (jk)!!!

Jamie said...

How funny! I sometimes wonder what our neighbors see...we had been living in our house for a month when we discovered that our "privacy glass" in our bathroom wasn't quite so private. I realized it when I came home one night, pulled into the driveway and looked up at the bathroom window...with the light on, everything silohettes perfectly. Oops!
BTW, I heard the same story your mom told from someone in my ward about someone they knew...it must be the same person. LOL!