Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sleep walking, talking, dressing....

Last night at about 11pm Wes and I heard the toilet seat in the downstairs half bath fly open. We looked at each other a little startled and surprised(you see, the boys bedrooms are upstairs and our is downstairs). Wes said to me, "I sure hope that is Logan," as he jumped up to investigate. Then we heard a loud bang in the bathroom. I still laying in bed, as I always do when there are strange noises in the house, heard Wes say, "Logan jump up buddy." Logan got up and assumed the position to finish his duty in the bathroom facing the open door.
Wes: "Logan, turn around before you pee on the floor."
Logan(hazy look in his eye, staring up at Wes): no response
Wes:"Logan, are you done?"
Logan: still no response
Wes pulled Logan out of the bathroom and into our bedroom and handed him his shorts and underpants.
Wes:"Logan, put these on."
Logan tried and tried to get those pants on. It was quite pathetic looking because you see, he was trying to get them on his head!! He finally managed to pull his head through the leg hole of his underpants and began searching for the missing arm holes to this very strange t-shirt. Let me tell you, this was quite a scene, we started laughing. It was so weird because we are sitting watching him and laughing and he, in all seriousness, is trying to get redressed oblivious to us completely. Finally we decided to end the embarrassment and help the poor kid get back to bed. This morning I told Logan that he tried to put his pants on his head. He thought it was pretty funny, and remembered nothing from the night before. Kids are crazy.
What's your favorite sleeping walking story??

9 comments:

Peggy said...

I used to be a sleepwalker, too. Don't remember any good stories, though, because I was ASLEEP.
I do have a good sleep talking story, though. It happened when Dad was the bishop. He sat up in his sleep, then said, "We would like to welcome you all to sacrament meeting today. The opening hymn....." then his voice trailed off. I started to laugh, then he laid back down and started to snore. He had no memory of it the next day.

Burk Family said...

Spencer and I were living at his parent's house while fixing up our house here. I was about to have Carter and we were trying to get in our new house before the baby was born. He was under a lot of stress. I woke up one night freezing cold, no blankets and he had them in a different part of the room, smoothing them out and "laying the carpet". I was so annoyed.

Knight knughts said...

You guys are so funny. Joshlynn sleep walks a lot. she gets drinks of water and then thinks she has to go to the bathroom but just walks around the house lost and confused until we guide her back to her bed. The funniest though I think is my brother he walked to the laundry room and poured him a glass of downy and drake it.

Chelsea and Evan said...

That is too FUNNY! Too bad the video camera wasnt right by you! Here is my Sleep/walk story:
After Evan and I got married I was half in sleep and half out of sleep. I had a dream about a spidear in my bed. I am totally freaked out about spiders. I jumped out of bed and yelled. Evan asked me what was wrong, I didnt answer because I realized that I was dreaming. Not as good as Logan's story, but the best I have

sheriee staub said...

Wes peed in his dresser drawer one time when he was little. He thought he was in the bathroom, of course. Ryan was a big sleepwalker for a while, and we had to put a lock on our back door, up high, because he kept trying to escape. We would have fun conversations with him that he would never remember. I think Spence still does sleepwalking, once in a while. One time I remember Vern, after he went vegan many years ago (which luckily he still isn't) talked in his sleep about bacon. It was pretty funny. Cute story about Loggy.
Love, G'ma Sheriee

SNOKAO said...

I heard one of my old college roommates who shared a room with me making a lot of kissing and smooching noises. I don't want to know what he was dreaming about.

Unknown said...

I think Spencer still has bruises from one of my sleepy experiences...
Another time I remember coming home one night after hanging out with friends and Mom looked up at me and said, "Pink...." I asked her what she was talking about. She thought for a couple of seconds, then said, "It made more sense before I said it."

Jamie said...

Love the story about Logan! Miles has several things like that when we wake him up to go to the bathroom at night. Last week, we were on vacation staying in a hotel. All of a sudden, Miles got up from the bed and frantically started crawling across the bedside table to the other bed. I realized that he was sleepcrawling and put him back to bed. It was pretty bizarre.
My sister has the best sleeptalking story...I was up late reading a book while she slept. All of a sudden she said, "Pick up the soap and fold it." When I called her name, she reprimanded me saying, "You know what I mean!" Hilarious!

Unknown said...

looks like everyone had a blast.. how fun!! I'm so glad you guys had a great time.