Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Great Compliment

Tuesday nights I have Den/Pack meeting. I usually throw my scout shirt in the car and hurry and put it on in the parking lot before I walk into the church building for our activities. Then right at 8:15 I'm often found unbuttoning the hideous thing as I walk out the door. I have been laughed at by my former YW presidency(who I just think are jealous they don't get to wear a khaki colored uniform to all of their activities). However, this particular pack meeting was different and not because it was Pinewood derby. One of my scouts mothers came up to me and told me that not many people could pull off looking cute in the scout uniform but somehow I could. I almost cried, I could feel the tears welling in my eyes. It was so sweet.

What compliments have you received recently?

13 comments:

Burk Family said...

This one lady told me in the store that my hair looked really attractive the way it was done up. That was awesome. That was 2 year ago.
OH, and my brother-in-law, Dan told me I have good teeth. And he's a dentist. BOO-YA.
(thanks for updating your blog!!!:)

Peggy said...

I remember wearing the yellow cub scout shirt under a navy blue maternity jumper when I was den leader. NOBODY complimented me on that look.

Go figure?!

Jamie said...

Let's see... my last compliment actually came from a YW in our ward...boy did it make me feel good!

Kate said...

Jamie, what was it?

Unknown said...

I think you could wear a potatoe sack and be able to pull it off..
because you are Gor-ge-ous!

:)

sheriee staub said...

One of the YM in our Stake said I was "fun for an old lady" the other day. I think he meant it as a compliment:) At my age, that's as close as it gets - but you are young and very beautiful!
Sheriee

sheriee staub said...

Oh No Peggy - you didn't have a navy blue maternity jumper too did you? I LIVED in mine.
Sheriee

Kristen said...

Our heater broke last week and I was explaining to the second repairman, what the first had told me, which was quite a lot. He said, "Wow, he told you all of that? I know that guy, he's never that nice to anyone. It must be because you're a very attractive woman." !!! Embarrassing! What do you say? Clearly I'm not used to that sort of talk, from a stranger, especially one that I'm alone in my basement with... !

SNOKAO said...

Some guy said "I see you've jumped on the Obama bandwagon and are sporting the Obama haircut now." (the haircut I have had for the last 30 years)

The Staub Squad said...

Spence-you are so funny!

Jamie said...

Oh, the YW just said I looked really nice, which made me feel great seeing as I'm still working on getting in shape since having a baby. Nothing like that to boost your confidence!

Chelsea and Evan said...

Your telling me that bed time doesnt get any better the older they get!!! Oh, man Emmy has not been sleeping at all after the cruise. I am going CRAZY! We should lock all three of them up in a room together and let them fend for themselves! Seriously, Kate you know that you can make anything look good. We need to chit chat and catch up. Have a great day.

Ruth and Steve said...

People keep asking Steve if he has lost weight. I guess his diabetes pills aren't too bad are they?