Sunday, January 18, 2009

Musical Beds

We've been playin' a little game at our house, to torture mom and dad.
It's called wake up 50 million times a night, run around, and just be bad.
Then notice the suns not up yet, and decide we are still tired.
Let's find a new bed, quick...hurry before the nights expired.
Go back to my bed? No way. Oh here's one, this will do just great.
But wait, there's someone already in it, no worries, just snuggle up close for goodness sake.
She won't mind my elbow in her face, or a little head next to her pillow to share.
This isn't working , it's not fair.
Your wrong my little friends, I do, I really mind.
How do you keep your kids in their own beds and still stay kind?






11 comments:

Peggy said...

I don't know what you are talking about. 3 sleeping angels....all beautiful.

Casey said...

Hahahaha. You're hilarious. You know...you can be on gmail and chat with us while you blog post. ;)

Dan and LaVon said...

Such LOVE!! And if I could look that nice sleeping I wouldn't care who crawled into my bed. Your boys are adorable!

Burk Family said...

Those pictures are so cute!! And I loved your poem. How clever! How do I keep my kids out of my bed? I never let them in in the first place. If I were you I'd try bribes. (stay out of mom's bed and you get to watch a movie)

Peggy said...

Another bribe: Stay in your own bed and you get a Peaches 'n Cream Barbie. Oh wait, that's what I tried using on YOU when you were that same age.

What goes around comes around... hehehe

Heather and Scott said...

I might sound like the most horrible parent but I lock Desiree in her room. You can report me to child services right now, but it works!

Baranie said...

Bribes, rewards sometimes work, we usually wait until they are older and don't get up. I have 2 in my bed most nights, but 2 that stay in their own beds. Or you could have another baby, so there isn't room:)

sheriee staub said...

Do you want g'ma Sheriee to come up there and straighten those huligans out??? I'll be happy too. Truthfully, I don't know how I escaped this, but it never really happened. Don't despair, we had plenty of other issues. THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Maybe you can't remain nice. Maybe a good old fashioned spanking is in order:)
Love Ya

SNOKAO said...

We lock Ethan in his room too. Just get one of those handles that kids can't open. He only tried to get out 1 or 2 times and never even tries or fusses since. I'm sure we could take if off by now and he would still stay there.

Peggy said...

I can't believe you wrote that poem. You have been hiding your talents, my dear.

Unknown said...

hehe those pics are cute..I don't know myself Rori still climbs into bed with me :(