Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Dignity flushed away

Ok - this is the first ever entry hat I have done on our family blog. The reason is that my sister Hayley and I always share with each other our misfortunes and stupid things we do. Well today I had one.

So I had a good sweat at the gym, played some basketball and worked out. When I got done I went back to the locker room and proceeded to get undressed and get ready to take a shower. I locked my locker with all of my stuff in it and took my key. So I start to walk toward the shower with nothing but my key and a little white towel around my waist, nothing more. Well on my way to the showers I decided to go into the steamroom first. But before I went into the steamroom I had to go to the bathroom(#1). So I walked into the bathroom stall with my little white towel on, and this is where the trouble set in. As I finished I bent over and flushed the toilet. It was one of those toilets that flushes super hard, like it could suck down a whole pumpkin. Well, the second I pushed the handle my locker key fell out of my hand, into the toilet, and was gone in the blink of an eye. I stood there in shock for a few seconds and then thought, what do I do? I am basically naked except for this tiny little towel that I am already a little uncomfortable in. I obviously can't go get someone out of the locker room. So after the initial shock was over I walked out of the bathroom into the main locker room area hoping to see one of the gym employees. No one was there, but then luckily a guy I play basketball walked right in. I said, Sam you need to help me, I just flushed my key down the toilet. He started laughing and then walked out to get someone to help. So like 2 minutes later a teenage employee walks in with a rubber glove on. I was like, dude, there is no way you are going to get that key, it is long gone. So as I stood there again and thats when all of my basketball buddies walk in and just see me standing there. So I obviously had to tell them what happened and they were all cracking up. About 3minutes later the kid comes back, no rubber glove this time, with a master key and lets me get my stuff. Thats just the kind of stuff that happens to me.

Wes

4 comments:

Burk Family said...

That was fun to relive. Spence got a kick out of that. My favorite line was the one about the toilet being able to flush a whole pumpkin. I give you props for writing on the blog.

Peggy said...

I, too, enjoyed the part about the whole pumpkin... what a visual!
Your story reminded me of one my friend told me just two nights ago. She had just hopped out of the shower, but made a quick run to her garage to put her husband's laundry in the car to take to the dry cleaners. She inadvertenly locked herself in the garage, stark naked. Home alone and panicky, she remembered that she had a 72 hour kit in the car. Unfortunately she had just removed the clothes and was going to replace them later. But she did have an emergency blanket in the car. So she wrapped up in it, then walked down the street a few houses until she found someone home who let her in. Then she called her husband to come let her in the house. Talk about losing all your dignity!
I think I will stay home today. It's just safer.
Love,
Mom O.

sheriee staub said...

Remember the time your dad was taking you and "Pokie" to baseball but he was late so he decided to change his work pants to his baseball pants in Pokie's garage and Pokie's mother came out right then? I loved your story - it is soooooooooooooo you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOM

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Wes, only someone who is truely confident with himself could share that story! Thanks for the laugh. Aub