Thursday, January 17, 2008

Do or Die


So I did it. I signed up for the big race. I'm going to run a half marathon. It has been quite the distraction for the past few days, it's all I can think about. In fact last night I dreamt about it. Wes at the last minute decided he wanted to run with me. So we left the starting line to sign him up. As we were signing him up I looked down at my MP3 player to get it going and noticed that the battery was dead. (side note, if I don't have music there is NO way I can do it.) Then I heard a gunshot and turned around and saw that the race started. Ahhhhh, I left Wes and ran as fast as I could down to the race and began. All of the sudden the run turned into a obstical course with high jumps and rock walls. I was so angry because I knew in my dream that all this stuff was totally ruining my time. I looked at on the first-aid workers and said, "How far have I even gone, like 3 miles?" The lady replied, "No, not even one." Then I woke up in a pool of cold sweat. I need to pick up a new hobby.

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Awwww! Dreams! What is the meaning of dreams! It sounds to me like you are way too stressed. You will run that race and you will be so proud of yourself when you are finished! And we will be so proud of you, too! You inspire me! I am even going to run 2 1/2 miles tomorrow in your honor, and it's even Saturday! My usual day off!

sheriee staub said...

I am in awe of runners, because it is something I truly do not enjoy doing and never have. Some times I do it just to prove to myself that I still can, but I NEVER really enjoy it. You will love the race - Vern always did and hated to give it up for "old knees". The funniest part is you dreaming Wes signed up with you:) We are all proud of you. Sheriee

Rachel said...

You are going to do so great at the race! You have been training so hard and it is going to pay off big time when you cross the finish line!! I'm so excited for you.

Burk Family said...

I read and commented on this post like the day it was posted but my internet was retarded and shut down before I could publish it...Anyway, I think this is significant because it shows that deep down, if push came to shove, you'd leave Wes in the dust.
Good for you.
You have learned well, my friend.

Burk Family said...

It means that it is good that you have learned to leave Wes in the dust. Never mind.
I posted lasts night just for you. Hope you enjoy it.

Burk Family said...

My mom and I both say that you need to put a new posting up. We're sick of those skinny women on your blog.