Monday, February 4, 2008

Lord Logan is 4!!




Logan turned four last Wednesday. Wes and I can't believe that our baby is four. He was old enough to count down the days until his birthday. I decided to hold out one more year for party but felt badly after I went upstairs early on the 30th to give him some birthday cheer and he said to me, "Mom, who is coming over to celebrate with us?" I told him just the four of us were going to celebrate. He was quite dissapointed. Then he had a hard time waiting until after dinner for b-day cake. Our gift to him was Medievel Times, Dinner and Tournament, but the show wasn't until Saturday so it was a long day for him. His highlight was getting pizza for dinner with mom and picking out his own fountain drink at the gas station. But, if that was all we did for him that would have been enough! He loved it. He is such a sweet hearted little boy. He is so grateful for even the littlest things.

We did hype up Medievel Times for him. He was so excited, at one point I turned to Wes and said, "Where is Logan?" After a bit of searching I realized that he had gone out to the car and buckled himeself in his seat ready to go. He had so much fun. He came home and told me all about the horses and knights. He even said, "Mom the food was delicious." Apparently he couldn't get enough of the potatoe. He also said, "Dad, that was really fun, we can go back tomorrow if you want to."

Logan is growing and is as active as ever. I have had to already replace two pairs of jeans which he has managed to tear up the knees of. I also noticed that his long sleeved shirts I just bought this year (5T) are getting too small!! He loves primary and learned all about Daniel and the lions den yesterday. He was amazed by the story and wanted to hear it over and over and over according to his teacher.

We watched Nacho Libre with Logan Saturday night and have really come to enjoy his presence during our Saturday night activities. He loved the movie and runs around all day saying, "Chancho, I need to borrow some sweats!!" We sure love him and are so glad we could celebrate his birth into our family.

4 comments:

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Happy Birthday Logan! You think Logan is hard on pants now, just wait till he starts school! Haylee is putting holes in her pants almost faster then we can replace them!

Peggy said...

I have to brag on Logan. He recited the first two Articles of Faith to me over the phone the other day and I was so surprised and proud! He is not only kind and thoughtful, but he is smart, too! Logan, we love you and happy birthday big boy!
Love,
G'Ma Peggy

sheriee staub said...

Logan - I wish we could have gone to that cool castle with you for your birthday:) I am happy you had a good time. It was fun to see you at the lake recently, and to make Valentines together (hope you remembered to send g'ma Peggy's), and to make you a birthday cake together. You are a wonderful, smart and delightful grandson. Papa and I love you very much!!!!! g'ma Sheriee

Burk Family said...

Logan is SUCH a handsome boy and so well behaved. I really wish we were closer to you guys. Our boys would have a good time together.
Happy Belated Birthday, Logan!