Saturday, February 9, 2008

Kates Big Run


Well, she did it! Kate completed her first 13 mile half marathon, and she did awesome. She ran The Texas Half in 2:03:27. We are very proud of her. The boys and I were there to watch her start and finish. A couple good friends from the ward showed up for support and we all cheered her on. She ran it around beautiful White Rock Lake, a couple miles from downtown Dallas (as you can see in the background in the picture). Kate trained hard for this and it paid off. In fact, she has been obsessed with this, but I think you need to have a level of obsession in order to be prepared & successful. Way to go Kate!

7 comments:

Burk Family said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you! That's awesome and you look great. You are my hero.

Peggy said...

Wow! You did it! Your hard work paid off! You inspire me to be better. Can't wait for our race together in May. We need to get Dad and Wes to run that one with us.
Love,
Mom

Peggy said...

CONGRATULATIONS KATIE! YOU DID IT AND WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU. THAT IS REALLY A WONDERFUL ACCOMPLISHMENT BUT WE KNEW THAT YOU COULD DO IT.
LOVE, GRANDMA AND GRANDPA OLSON

Blogger said...

Is a half-marathon really considered a 'race'? To me, just surviving it is good enough. Way to go!
-Rye

aubony, lars and the girls said...

Katie,
Congratulations! What an accomplishment, you should be totally proud of yourself, we are!

sheriee staub said...

Sweet Kate - We are just tooooooo excited for you, and tooooooo proud of you. YOU GO GIRL!!!! That truly is an accomplishment, and you know Vern is really proud because he has done it and he knows.
Love ya - Sheriee and Vern

Marie said...

Wow! I am so super impressed. I think about exercising, but I think that will be all it is for awhile....just a thought. Way to go!