Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Fossil Finder


Tonight as we were driving to Wes' church b-ball game I said to Logan, "Logan, guess who is coming to our church in a few weeks?"
Log-"Who?"
Me-"Elder Dallin H. Oaks."(Elder Oaks is speaking/presiding at our Stake Conference in March, yahoo!!)
Log-"Who is that?"
Me-"He is a great man who is an Apostle. He is coming to teach us how to live more righteously and be more happy."
Log-"Well, is he going to bring dinosaur bones?"
Me-"What!?!"
Log-"You said he was a Fossil Finder, so is he going to bring some bones?"
Me-"Oh, no, an Apostle."
Log-"Oh, okay mommy that sounds great!"

I've tried to expain to Logan that President Hinckley passed away and now we have a new Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. The other day Logan was saying his prayers and prayed for President S. Monson. I tried to correct him and he told me very matter-of-factly that he has decided to call him President S. Monson instead.
Well, okay then.

4 comments:

Burk Family said...

Hey, I like the makeover! I know, 19 is so young. You feel so old at that age. I hate looking at how skinny I was. It makes me so depressed. Now I have to WORK to look just decent. Awww....

Peggy said...

Kids say the darndest things! Write them down. You will soon forget, then you'll be like your mother and have some foggy memory that your kids once said cute things, but you can't recall a single thing.
Logan, you are so smart!
Love,
G'Ma Peggy

Amber Staub said...

I laughed so hard when I read this. I love hearing what kids come up with.

sheriee staub said...

Logan - that is just the cutest comment - along with "smarshmellows" to make "snores" at the lake house. Papa and I will forever say "snores for s'mores".

We Love You