Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Texas, how do I love thee...


Or not!! We just got back from beautiful, cockroachless Colorado. While we were there I asked Wes every night on the phone these two questions, "Did you see any cockroaches today?" and "Was it hot today?" Everyday, he replied the same. "Nope, not today" and "Not to bad." In the entire two weeks we were gone Wes only killed one cockroach, just one. So how have I been handling killing a cockroach every single day since I have been home?

NOT WELL AT ALL!!

Not to mention the weather has been unseasonably hot.

How do you Texans deal with the nasties of this muggy, humid state? I'm afraid of the heat during the day and the critters at night. I'm doomed to a long summer trapped inside my cockroach infested house.

8 comments:

Peggy said...

Maybe you have forgotten about all the spiders you saw in my basement. At least the cockroaches can make a nice meal if you ever run out of food and are hungry! Stop your complaining, Love!

Kristen said...

Is that a picture you took, not just downloaded from an episode of Man Vs Wild? Hee hee.

Hi Kate/Katie-It's Bowerman, well Horsley now. Sorry to stalk you from John Haggerty's blog, to Evan's blog, to yours.

Good luck in humid/bug infested Texas. But hey you probably have no need for a snow shovel, right? Take care, Kristen

Knight knughts said...

We have been killing them left and right. I keep calling our pest control but the soonest they can get to us is Saturday. I definitely am first in line if a cancellation comes in. Good luck.

Jamie said...

Sorry about the bugs! I remember when we first moved to Texas our apartment manager said, "Welcome to Texas, where everything is bigger...including the bugs!" I guess you just need to move to Colorado!! (But your mom is right, here we do have to deal with daily spiders....however I'd take spiders any day over cockroaches...I sure don't miss them!)

Amber Staub said...

I was so scared to read your blog for fear that the bug you have shown was found inside your house. My skin was crawling the second I saw that nasty thing. In my book there is NOTHING nastier(is that a word)than a cockroach!
Welcome Home, We've missed you!

Peggy said...

Dad said that I was too harsh on you. I am sorry. Cockroaches are nasty, for sure. We had them in Kansas, and I do feel your pain. COME BACK to COLORADO!!!

Chelsea and Evan said...

YIKES! I would be freaked out! I am so glad that I have never run into one before.

sheriee staub said...

Sweet Kate: Call me and in two minutes I can explain to you and Wes how to spray yourself for those nasty things - it is easy. I like your mom's comment - Stop Complaining:) We, in Texas, love you here. Think of the long, lovely winters!!!!
Love, G'ma Sheriee