Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Weight Loss Time





I think this might be my second blog entry ever, but I am bored out of my skizull so I thought I would contribute. One evening last week while Kate was at camp I was making the boys some dinner and just had the tv on some random channel. Well, that show The King of Queens came on and right when it did Ben pointed to the tv at Doug Heffernan (Kevin James) and started saying "daddy" probably 7 0r 8 times. I know I have been packing it on, but kids tell it just like it is. I had been contemplating for a while on whether to start training again like I used to in college and looking for something to push me over the motivational edge. Well there it was, my own kid telling me I looked like Doug Heffernan. Then this morning I was making them some breakfast and Ben saw a picture of Matthew McConaughey on a dvd that we have. Of course he had his shirt off, and Ben pointed to the picture and said "daddy". So bye bye motivation and hellooooooooooo Whopper & fries, Braums (best ice cream), Wing Stop french fries, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Coke, and chips (any and all kinds).
Wes

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Ya big nerd! (and I do mean "big!")
bahaha! jk!
I laughed so hard at your blog!

Ang said...

HA HA HA. That's awesome!

Knight knughts said...

I love what kids have to say. They think Scott is on tv all of the time. They think Ron Howard is Scott as as kid. Isn't it funny how we loose motivation so easily.

Burk Family said...

Hey, great entry. It's fun to hear from you, too.
I really think you should start "training" again, though. I keep telling Spencer, after 30, your metabolism slows WAY down. If you ever want to be in shape again, now's the easiest time to do it. It's all downhill from here. Anyway, you really loved it. Get into it again!

Amber Staub said...

Great Post! Ryan and I got a good laugh reading it.

Chelsea and Evan said...

Hahaha! Hows the TV been working! JK! Loves

sheriee staub said...

MOM says, "look at those pics of that "skinny" boy who came home from Mexico a few years ago and fell in love with a beautiful blonde. That should motivate you. You are very handsome, especially with the Matthew McCaunehey bod.