Friday, June 27, 2008

Kate=happy in a Texas Summer!?!

oh yes, it's true. We have been having a blast this summer. I'd like to give a "shout out" to the following:

1)AMC theaters-for giving us $1 movies, an exceptionally cold AC, delicious popcorn (rated 10 by Benjamin), and finally not getting angry and kicking us out when the popcorn and goodies are gone and we spend the last half of the movie running up and down the aisles screaming, "Mommy, I can't see you, where are you?"
2)Our Local Public Library-to you our greatest thanks for summer programs and especially for inviting Jungle Jim over to scare our kids silly with snakes, spiders, turtles, and scorpions. The really cool play area, that is not really a play area that has kept my kids entertained while mom picks out our weekly stash of new books. And lastly for providing the endless collection of new books and slightly scratched DVD's to read and watch during our daily "quiet time" hour.

3)Friends with benefits(not what you are thinking)-this shout out goes to good friends who have invited us over to eat, swim in their pool, or just to hang out-thus providing me a break from the continuous search for cheap childish entertainment.


4)Life Time Fitness-aka world's greatest gym ever! Thank you for giving us your pool. We have spent countless hours this week in your chlorine filled chill tanks. Texas has been pounding out near 100 degree temperatures the last few days which we have failed to notice due to all the splashin' we've been doing at your facility. Not to mention my white, white water babies have tan lines. Yup, you heard me right, tan lines. Thought it was impossible? Yeah, I did too. Kudos for your child care area that blows all other child care areas out the the water. While the kids are happy jumpin it up in the bounce house or climbing in the gigantic jungle gym, I challenge the stair master and pump some iron all that I can look better in my new

5)Layers swim suit-the summer just wouldn't be the same without you. You've booster my confidence immensely pulling and hugging in just the right places. I love you, and I am so glad we have found each other this year. Not to mention Wes really likes you too. Good job on the good work. Click here to view.

If I have failed to mention anyone or thing that has also added to my summer enjoyment, please accept my deepest, heartfelt appreciation.

9 comments:

Burk Family said...

You failed to mention my blog, which has provided hours of non-stop entertainment and laughter, but that's cool with me. I LOVE your swimsuit and am so mad I bought mine so early. I will have to check out their swimsuits next year. Until then I'm stuck with a blue slightly-snug in all the wrong places speedo. PTTTTHHhhhh....

sheriee staub said...

If you come to Houston you can be in g'ma's pool non-stop. You failed to mention (maybe because we haven't had the 4th yet) about all the family fun in the sun and sand and boats, at the lake. The lake house definitely two thumbs up. I loved all of your "daily" picks however, and found them very "shout" worthy. Summer can be long without them.
G'ma Sheriee

Jill Land said...

Amen Cousin! Thank goodness for cheap family fun activities! Even Lucy my little "swedish babe" has got a tan line! Amazing! Cute swim suit! Although I am sure it is easy for your suit to pull and tug in all the right places when you work out the way you do. I am afraid I am beyond the help of good ol' spandex.

Peggy said...

You are such a great writer. I loved everything about your blog. You have all the best hook ups ever! We are all especially jealous of the $1.00 movies!

Amber Staub said...

I loved your post and I agree with your mom, you are a great writer! I've got to get to our library more often. You've inspired me to be a better "summer mom" We can't wait to see you guys in a few days.

Jamie said...

I love all the summer freebies or cheapies! Glad to hear you're doing well!

Heather and Scott said...

Hey Katie,

I am glad you posted the website of where you go your swimming suit. I went on there and saw all their cute shirts and I bought me one. What a fun place. Thanks!

Kristen said...

Fun summer. It's not easy to find places that are fun for you and the kiddos. You=Rockstar Mom

And thanks for the link to Layers. Good to know about.

Chelsea and Evan said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE HAVING A BLAST! We missed you guys in CO! Cant wait till we can see you guys!