Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Were back...












Were home!! The boys and I really enjoyed our trip to Colorado. We arrived on May 17 and began partying right away. We had a delicious BBQ with my brother and his cute little family. The weather was gorgeous and it was so nice to just sit outside while the kids ran around. My brother then put up the trampoline and let the boys jump away. It was hilarious to watch Ben getting bounced around like a little rag doll. He couldn't even stand up before he was knocked over again, but he loved it.





Monday my mom and I went for a run around the outskirts of town. The view was incredible!! My normal running path consists of car exhaust and the aroma of a doughnut shop. However, this path was laden with beautiful snow capped peaks and fresh mountain air.
Tuesday night my mom brought up the subject of girls camp. I also got an email from our director asking who our speaker was. I forgot to get it lined up before I left so I spent the next little while getting phone numbers and making calls. My mom made an Asian chicken salad for dinner. It was great going down, but with the stress of girls camp the salad didn't sit well. My stomach churned and churned until about 8 when I puked up that salad. It was awful coming back up. I am not one to throw up. I haven't thrown up since I was a sophomore in high school. Needless to say I spent the rest of the evening and night emptying the contents of my belly.
Can you guess what I did all day Wednesday? Yep, slept. All day, what an awful way to spend a vacation day. My appetite was never quite the same after that day. However that night Ben got sick and puked all over me...then came the diarrhea. Let me tell you that was so much fun.
The next few days my mom and I spent preparing for my dad's 60th b-day party. It was a surprise party with over 50 guest. It was a huge undertaking and my mom came very close to calling the whole thing off. But she didn't. My dad was very surprised and really enjoyed the party.
On memorial day my mom and I ran the 30th Boulder/Boulder. There were over 54,000 runners, it was unreal, but such an adrenaline rush. The race is 6.2 miles and I finished it in 57 mins. Not real fast, I know. Wes and my dad said that they would run it next year, so we'll see.




The rest of the week we just hung out, went out to breakfast, lunch, dinner, saw a movie, worked on girls camp, scrap booked, shopped, you know the normal vacation stuff. I saw some good friends I hadn't seen in years which was very nice. Especially my visit with Jamie and her big boys. My heart ached to leave her as she was such a good friend to me in Texas.

I wasn't ready to come home especially since Wes told me it was unseasonable hot back in the big D and so mild and pleasant in CO. But alas, it had to end. Thanks mom and dad for your hospitality. I enjoyed every minute and can't wait to do it again.

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Ironically almost everyone who came to Dad's party was sick by the next evening. Half of the ward, and most of the grandkids. It couldn't have been food poisoning because they would have been sicker sooner, but I think the "bug" was still floating around the house and we shared it. We were the talk of the town at church. "Were you sick?"
Was it the chicken salad?" My reputation is ruined!

Jamie said...

We had so much fun seeing you! I'll email you the pictures of the boys...they turned out cute!

Chelsea and Evan said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Burk Family said...

What a fun trip. Isn't it so hard to leave? I find it harder to leave Tx every time I go (not because of the beautiful weather, though). I love the just hanging out. I'm proud that you've kept up the running. I have really let my running go by the wayside and am doing more weights. I need to get back into the running because I'm trying to lose the Houston weight now. We had such an awesome time with you guys in Dallas. We will definitely do that again sometime!

aubony, lars and the girls said...

We loved you visit Kate, it went by way too fast!!!

sheriee staub said...

Sweet Kate - Sounds like you had a great trip and I am so happy that you got to be there with all of your family. We love you and we are so grateful that you are in Texas but know that it is hard to be so far away from Colorado. Come down to G'ma Sheriee's house and we will live in the pool for a few days.

Heather said...

I didn't know everyone got sick, I though it was just the Wilsons... That was the first time I had thrown up since probably middle school. It was terrible and I almost everyone in that crowed house got it by the time we flew home. Mom, Clint, Stacy, Me, Grandma...I was just glad Andrew and Heather didn't come down with it. Traveling is tuff enough, let alone with sick kid.